Now incorporating The Sudbury Hill Harrow and Wherever End Times

Sunday, August 17, 2003

Thoughts of a loose Canon

Every time we cross the road at traffic lights we act on faith. Every time we post a letter we act on faith. I presume that the last step on the stairs will still be in place when I go up to bed. You are probably not one of the monks who pray every evening for the sun to reappear tomorrow, and get up at dawn to celebrate when it does; you take it on faith. There is nothing I can do, no action I can take, and I can't even think without relying implicitly on the universe that supports my existence. For practical purposes, our whole world works on, and depends on faith, yet few of us believe in it. In practice we rely on faith, but in theory we don't believe in it. See you next week.

Rev. I. Draper

1 comment:

Comments 2003-2004 said...




___________________________

plausible impossibility

if you believe that you'll believe anything

Post by : devil serial nr. 3289721 (host81-129-72-191.in-addr.btopenworld.com / )


___________________________

Praise be!

Praise be that the Devil should have spent a little while answering the Reverend's thoughts instead of using the time to tempt the youth into inhaling his own dandruff into their lungs through a rolled up ten pound note.

Praise be!

Gladys Abanjo (Mrs)
Trinity Road Baptists

Post by : Gladys Abanjo (Mrs) (webcacheh07a.cache.pol.co.uk / )


___________________________

Situations Vacant

Guten tag! I am unemployed!! I am wondering if he can find a job for me? I have heard it said here in your England that the Devil finds work for Idle Hans!!! Danke schoen!

Post by : Idle Hans (host81-129-72-191.in-addr.btopenworld.com / )



___________________________