A selection of "spokes", as he would probably call them, uttered by our legendary proprietor Eddie "Red" Woodward and shared among staff of the Willy in a long-running in-house email discussion.
1. Never trust anybody honest.
2. This everybody dying malarkey has got beyond a joke.
3. What a person says a lot about says a lot about a person.
4. Minimalism is the biggest load of crap ever.
5. There's no such thing as waiting. You are either doing something useful or you are doing something useless.
6. Meditation? It's a racket.
7. You can put me in a box when I pop my clogs but not before.
8. Evidently I'm past my sell by-date but not my use-by date.
9. In life, you either do something and feel guilty about it, or do nothing and feel guilty about it. There is no in-between.
10. You can't put everything right in the fourth act of a three-act play.
11. The only review worth a damn is written on a cheque.
12. We're not about to go bang.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
South Vale, Harrow this morning
Posted by wire: 2:57 pm No comments:
Labels: Capital Ring, Harrow, horse chestnut, park, photo, South Vale, Sphagnum
Sunday, April 21, 2019
EU elections: 96% of over 65s can vote, only 60% young
Register to vote: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. Deadline 7 May 2019.
If the elections to the European Parliament go ahead next month, it will very likely be the last chance to vote to say "Stop Brexit."
The neo-fascist sympathiser Farage and his fellow-travellers in parliament are out to seal Britain's fate of isolation from our European hinterland, at the mercy of ruthless grabbers in the Kremlin and the White House and at the cost of disruption and misery in Ireland.
Posted by wire: 10:17 am No comments:
Friday, April 19, 2019
Grove Farm, Local Nature Reserve, Ealing today
Posted by wire: 4:54 pm No comments:
Thursday, April 18, 2019
What has the ECHR ever done for us?
Re-publishing this as a little reminder about the craziness the UK is subject to under the government of Theresa May. It owes something to Monty Python's "What have the Romans ever done for us?" sketch in The Life of Brian.
* ECHR = European Convention on Human Rights
Posted by wire: 12:15 pm No comments:
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Need a laugh these days, by any chance?
The best bit about this is the last cat who does the Scooby Doo 'run on the spot for a split second before actually moving' pic.twitter.com/ltQhF2HDCl— Olaf Falafel (@OFalafel) April 11, 2019
Posted by wire: 12:29 am No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
Short Story of the Month, May 2023
Intriguing. You might find yourself wondering what exactly happened in this short story. Don't look at me. (Ed.) The Willesden Herald St...