Established 2003. Now incorporating The Sudbury Hill Harrow and Wherever End Times

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gordon Brown's eyesight is causing concern among aides

Gordon Brown's eyesight is causing concern among aides - Telegraph: "Gordon Brown is struggling with increasing problems due to his partial sight, it has emerged."

I know I tend to blow with every wind, somewhat, but I do feel that I have underestimated Gordon Brown here in the past. I have characterised him as Jeeves to Blair's Wooster, and I still feel there is something in that. However, one should remember that Jeeves was a brainy old cove too, if a little fleeter in response than our present P.M. What I now see is that Gordon Brown's mind is high torque but low acceleration. In effect the contest between him and Cameron is like the fable of the tortoise and the hare, which at this stage is looking like the part where the hare takes a nap, and the tortoise trudges onwards to victory. In times of crisis, a different sort of leader is needed - you actually need a curmudgeon, you need a slow but sure approach, not a quicksilver chirpy chappie.

Zoz

No comments: