featured post

All about the 2017 international short story competition

We’re delighted to announce that the judge for the International Willesden Herald 2017 New Short Stories competition will be none other than...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

On poetical correctness

I've broken my rhyming machine;
Whatever can it signify?
I've injured my assonance also,
Which used to dance the salso.

Everything comes out free verse;
Is this a step forward or a setback?
All alliteration also left me of late
And metaphor has met a similar end.

I fell in love the other day;
Naturally she ran a mile.
I couldn't think just what to utter.
She must have thought I was a looney.

Don't even talk about rhyme riche!
That's another son-of-a-gun.
If metre goes as well,
I will truly be in a place of eternal torment.

Ganache

<< Previous | Next >>

No comments: