now incorporating the Sudbury Hill and Wood End Times

Friday, October 24, 2008

Poor Paddy works on the software

In nineteen hundred and ninety-one
The stripey braces I put on
I put me stripey braces on
To work upon the software, the software
I'm weary of the software
Poor Paddy works on the software

In nineteen hundred and ninety-two
From IBM to Fujitsu
I found meself a job to do
A-working on the software

[Chorus]
I was wearing stripey braces
Setting traces, shifting places
Switching cases as I was
Working on the software

In nineteen hundred and ninety-three
I played me Leonard Cohen LP
I went to work for her Majesty
On poll tax payment software

In nineteen hundred and ninety-four
I landed on the Liverpool shore
Me belly was empty, me hands were raw
With working on the software, the software
I'm sick to me guts of the software
Poor Paddy works on the software

In nineteen hundred and ninety-five
When Billy Gates was only five
When Lady Ada was still alive
And working on the software

In nineteen hundred and ninety-six
I changed me O.S. to Unix
I changed me O.S. to Unix
To work upon the software

[Chorus]

In the year of two thousand and one
Poor Paddy's millennium bug was gone
The sod had to give up his coke and rum
To work upon the software, the software
I'm sick to me death of the software
Poor Paddy works on the software

Ganache

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice.