A selection of "spokes", as he would probably call them, uttered by our legendary proprietor Eddie "Red" Woodward and shared among staff of the Willy in a long-running in-house email discussion.
1. Never trust anybody honest.
2. This everybody dying malarkey has got beyond a joke.
3. What a person says a lot about says a lot about a person.
4. Minimalism is the biggest load of crap ever.
5. There's no such thing as waiting. You are either doing something useful or you are doing something useless.
6. Meditation? It's a racket.
7. You can put me in a box when I pop my clogs but not before.
8. Evidently I'm past my sell by-date but not my use-by date.
9. In life, you either do something and feel guilty about it, or do nothing and feel guilty about it. There is no in-between.
10. You can't put everything right in the fourth act of a three-act play.
11. The only review worth a damn is written on a cheque.
12. We're not about to go bang.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Sunday, April 21, 2019
Register to vote: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. Deadline 7 May 2019.
If the elections to the European Parliament go ahead next month, it will very likely be the last chance to vote to say "Stop Brexit."
The neo-fascist sympathiser Farage and his fellow-travellers in parliament are out to seal Britain's fate of isolation from our European hinterland, at the mercy of ruthless grabbers in the Kremlin and the White House and at the cost of disruption and misery in Ireland.
Friday, April 19, 2019
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Re-publishing this as a little reminder about the craziness the UK is subject to under the government of Theresa May. It owes something to Monty Python's "What have the Romans ever done for us?" sketch in The Life of Brian.
* ECHR = European Convention on Human Rights