Now incorporating The Sudbury Hill Harrow and Wherever End Times

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Denmark Road - Appeal

Dear Sirs

I write in the hope somebody who is with a knowledge of Denmark Road in Willesden [It's actually in Kilburn, here. Ed.] will kindly share their understanding of the street and the area with me, please.

My great grandparents, Francis and Fanny Simmonds lived at #77 Denmark Road for more than 37 years, between 1877 and 1914. Francis is shown, living there still on the 1914 Electoral Rolls, although neither were found at this address in 1901 at the time of the census. Fanny died at Willesden in February 1893 attended by her sister in law, Caroline Pearce, from Kilburn. Francis worked as he always had, in the capacity of a carpenter and in 1893 was a carpenter journeyman.

Their grandson, Herbert Guy Fawcett Simmonds, was my grandfather. In 1912 aged 27, Herbert, with wife and first born son voyaged to Australia aboard the SS Armadale which docked in Fremantle on the 4th January 1913, in the middle of summer.

I would very much like to learn a little of the history of Willesden if possible and also, hopefully learn if the original houses in Denmark Road are still standing.

My appreciation would be magnanimous should there be a reader who may assist.

Thank you for your time.

Sincere thanks and best wishes
Jeanne Helm
Western Australia
jeanniehelm@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Comments 2003-2004 said...

___________________________



I wish I could help but I don't know Denmark Road at all. You could try the last available census - 1901, which is available online at the public record office.


Post by : Angela (82-35-26-7.cable.ubr04.hari.blueyonder.co.uk / )



___________________________