Last update before planning comments close......
1. Thank you to all of you that have contacted Brent planning expressing your support for FKRL and those who have signed letters of support.To those of you who have not yet sent your comments you have until the end of Monday 28th April to do so.
The link is:
For the best chance of retaining a library for the community, FKRL are supporting the application in the following way by stating:
Support planning application 14/0846
I give my support re Planning Application 14/0846:
1. For D1 community library and space
2. For FKRL to be tenants of the space
You can do the same and add your own words.
3. We have had emails of support from councillors from all three wards surrounding the library, Brondesbury, Kensal Green and Queens Park. Thank you to all those councillors for your support.
We have had a further email of support from Maggie Gee and her husband Nick Rankin who earlier in the week sent a statement of support. Both supporters and campaigners for the library since 1988. Thank you both for keeping Kensal Rise in your hearts.
4. We have also had support from Marika Giles Samson who some of you may remember was a very active campaigner until her move to Canada - and here is an excerpt:
Does anyone genuinely believe that FKRL has not done all that they have other than for the benefit of the community that they love? Does anyone really think that the decision that we are asked to support is motivated by anything other than a genuine belief that it is in the best interest of the community? As far as I am concerned, the trustees of FKRL and the members of the campaign have earned all the credibility that they need to make this decision on the community’s behalf. We have no reason not to trust them, and every reason to support them.
Marika Giles Samson
Formerly of 35 Bathust Gardens
6. Looking forward to the day when our energies can go into planning an actual library and community space.
Regards and many thanks to the most important support of all - the residents of Kensal Rise and Kensal Green.
Friends of Kensal Rise Library