Now incorporating The Sudbury Hill Harrow and Wherever End Times

Monday, July 27, 2009

Motorway

M40











The images of vertical things in the foreground are distorted, making them appear to lean in the direction of travel when photographed from a moving car. However things in the distance appear unaffected or not noticeably affected. Compare the fenceposts and pylons in the picture above.



I think I can rest my case after this example.



Just in case you still didn't believe it. (Can I label this science, Kronk?)

Ossian

Excellent experiment! I calculate that the car in question was travelling at approximately one tenth the speed of light, i.e. about 67 million mph. You need not worry however, as it would have been completely impossible for the speed cameras to read your license plate at that velocity. Kronk

No comments: