featured post

Open for submissions

The 2017 WH prize mug I’m looking forward to reading your stories each day, and seeing which ones come to the fore early on, and if they...

Monday, June 22, 2009

Unlucky fledgling

 

I saw this young pigeon (a bit more than a squab) in trouble about an hour and a bit ago. No point in me phoning the RSPCA or trying to pick it up and take it home - I've been through this before. You just get a recorded message telling you to leave it where it is and the other birds will take care of it. I think, however, it is more likely that the urban foxes will take care of it. I know from bitter experience that there's nothing I can do for it, but if any of you think you can help it, it's at the bottom of one of the trees opposite Hassops car dealers. It's not in a place where many people will see it, as there is a wide swathe of pavement there and few go near the spot where it's lying.

Ossian

No comments: