now incorporating the Sudbury Hill and Wood End Times

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The fools

Air: When Johnny Comes Marching Home

I heard them talking on TV the fools, the fools
I heard them talking on TV, the fools
with their maps and charts and masters of art
to give your opinion to you
and they called you up
but Johnny they hardly knew you

I heard them laugh in galleries the fools, the fools
I heard them laugh in galleries, the fools
with their frozen heads and unmade beds
belittling somehow to you
and they waved good-bye
but Johnny they hardly knew you

I heard them praying in the church the fools, the fools
I heard them praying in the church, the fools
with their shepherds' crooks and ancient books
they gave their blessing to you
and you all sailed out
but Johnny they hardly knew you

I heard them crying at your grave the fools, the fools
I heard them crying at your grave, the fools
with their special days and perpetual blaze
they pay their pittance to you
and they sent you home
but Johnny they hardly knew you

Ganache

<< Previous | Next >>

No comments: