The festival has been underway since the beginning of March, as usual we are up to the minute here, and all we know about it is that it is a huge showcase solely for the purpose of shilling our own Willesden writers' group anthology, The Monkey's Typewriter (isbn 0953019551, now with extra deluxe Raymond Williams award sticker). Never mind all the other famous writers involved.
Every one of the reporters here has been so enthralled with the readings that they forgot to post details of events for all the hundreds and thousands eager to descend upon such trifles.
Another shilling please for Fish Drink Like Us, a new anthology*, from which "Time Out, Carmencita" by Stephen Moran has had audience members throwing away their emotional crutches at these readings, and falling into hysterics. There's another one tomorrow night but if you suffer from weak sides please don't risk it.
- Weds 8th March: Gayton Library, 8pm. Gayton Road, Harrow
- Weds 15th March: Pitshanger Library, 7pm. 143 Pitshanger Lane, Ealing
- Thurs 23rd March: Willesden Green Library, 8pm. 95 High Road, Willesden
- Thurs 30th March: Heston Library, 7.30pm. New Heston Road, TW5
- Weds 5th April: Shepherds Bush Library, 7pm. 7 Uxbridge Road, W12 8LJ
- Mon 10th April: Marylebone Library, 6pm. 109 Marylebone Road, NW1 5PS
- Thurs 20th April: Kensington Library, 7pm. Philimore Walk, Kensington
Noël Knowall (The Arts)
*Pretend Genius Press, April 2006, isbn 097785261X