Established 2003. Now incorporating The Sudbury Hill Harrow and Wherever End Times

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Breaking News

Sarah Teather the soon-to-be Brent East Liberal Democrat MP has offered to look into the issue that Feargal Mooney reported about speeding on All Souls Avenue. See her letter in the comments on this article.

The proprietor, Mr Woodward, is so guilt-ridden over calling Ms Teather by a heightist name that he has locked himself in his office with a bottle of Glenmorangie and won't listen to anyone. Unfortunately he has been rather "tired and emotional" lately and I'm sure will agree that some of his contributions have not been up to his own patrician standard. He has been a bit unlucky in his Equine Futures dealings. He had inside knowledge of a 50 to 1 ringer that was a cast iron plunger, but has been very hard on himself for putting it on a double with another nag that is still running.

By the way, I had the Labour candidate from Surrey here at my door today. He looked very businesslike in a dark suit. I asked if I could take his picture for this website, and he was quite agreeable at first. Then we had a little chat about how I used to vote Labour but won't be voting for them again (as long as Mr Blair is in charge - I forgot to tell him that bit.) When I said I would support the Liberals from now on, he started telling me all the things they had voted against. He even mentioned something about pensions. Nyahahah! Foot, shooting, ouch, left, ouch, right. Lucky he didn't start me on Iraq.

He started to quiz me about what sort of website it was. "I have to be so careful," he said, and ran away. Okay I just made that bit up, he didn't run away. Let's just say he shook hands and took his leave with alacrity. I imagine he is back in Surrey tonight in a state not unlike that of our Mr Woodward. I don't think the people who sent him here have any idea what this constituency is about. This was Ken Livingstone's constituency. Helloooo!

Ossian Lennon

In regard to the incident when a dog got run over on All Souls Avenue, I am not saying that the car was speeding. It had no chance to stop in time because the dog just darted out in front of it. But All Souls Avenue is a long straight road with dense housing along both sides, so it is quite a dangerous road I think. Thanks to Sarah Teather of Brent Liberal Democrats for taking an interest. (Feargal)

1 comment:

Comments 2003-2004 said...




___________________________

carpetbaggers

When I was at school you had to be at our school to play football for it, you couldn't wander over from a school in Surrey or Islington and play for us.

Either call the area Voting List Area Number 263 (out of 666 or whatever it is) or make sure that the people representing us come from here or have lived here for five years at least.

And before you ask yes I do think that Beckham shouldn't be playing for Real Madrid. He doesn't come from there.



Post by : Bez Barker (webcacheh11a.cache.pol.co.uk / )


___________________________

Beckham

So you reckon Beckham should be playing for Chigwell United in the B&Q South Essex Warehouse Conference?



Post by : Marco (webcacheh11a.cache.pol.co.uk / )


___________________________



Never mind All Souls, what about that death trap of a corner at what used to be called Biddy Mulligans in Kilburn? Will anything ever be done to make it safer for pedestrians to cross? Unlikely.

Post by : Des (cache-loh-ac06.proxy.aol.com / )



___________________________